At AccessPrivacy, we are always developing, updating and adding content. In recent weeks, we have made the following additions, now available to Knowledge Portal subscribers:
We continue to update our clause-by-clause annotated version of the CPPA: most recently, we have added a substantive commentary on the "legitimate interests" exception to consent authority proposed by the CPPA;
A new chart setting out specific rules for selected regulated industries is available via the Tools & Charts page and the breach notification topic hub;
On-Demand videos of our AccessPrivacy monthly webinars are available, through to December 2022, via the "Past Events" tab;
Updates to the Legislative Reform Portal and Tools & Charts to reflect the proposed Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2022 (Bill C-27):
- A hyperlinked version of the proposed Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CPPA);
- A clause-by-clause annotated version of the CPPA, including commentary and comparison to corresponding PIPEDA sections;
- A comparison of Bill C-27 to the former Bill C-11 (which died on the order paper in 2021);
- A CPPA-PIPEDA table of concordance;
- The slide deck from Adam Kardash's June 2022 monthly call recording: an overview and key initial reflections on the CPPA;
- CPD-eligible recordings of the monthly calls from June 2022 and July 2022 (featuring Dr. Teresa Scassa) are available publically on-demand via their event pages.
The Winter 2022 Privacy in the Courts publication, with 22 informative case summaries.
Updates regarding the provisions of Quebec's Bill 64 (loi 25) coming into force on September 22, 2022 and related regulatory guidance:
- A new Key Obligations Chart
- Updates to the breach notification topic hub, including links to Quebec's draft regulation regarding confidentiality incidents;
- Updates to the biometrics topic hub to reflect changes to the Quebec IT Act;
- Updates to the role of Chief Privacy Officer topic hub;
- Updates to the Consent Exceptions: Business Transactions and Consent Exceptions: Statistical, Scholarly Study, or Research topic hubs;
- Updates to the annotated Quebec Privacy Act, as amended by Bill 64 and the Demonstrable Accountability Checklist
- Annotated Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (Québec) as amended by Bill 64 and the Coming into Force dates of the new provisions (Updates to Legislative Reform Portal)
- Quebec Private Sector Privacy Law: Demonstrable Accountability Checklist (Accountability and Governance)
- Comparison of Key Elements of Quebec’s Privacy Law Reform, Bill 64, and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU)
- This document was reviewed through a screen-share during our AccessPrivacy Workshop held on October 15, 2021.
Updates to the Transborder Service Provider Arrangements chart to reflect recent amendments to BC and Quebec provisions.
- Updates to Legislative Reform Portal and Tools & Charts to reflect the enactment of Bill 22 (B.C. public sector)