At AccessPrivacy, we are always developing, updating and adding content. In recent weeks, we have made the following additions, now available to Knowledge Portal subscribers:
We have added the following resources to the Health Topic Hub:
- Health Data Repositories
- Personal Heath Information and De-Identification
- Secondary Uses of Health Data for Research Purposes
- Research Ethics Boards
We have added the following Key Resources from the Commission d'accès à l'information du Québec in our Legislative Reform Portal:
- The Quebec Privacy Act, as Amended by Law 25
- Key Obligations Chart
- Demonstrable Accountability Checklist
- Law 25/GDPR Comparison
- Law 25: Notice and Transparency Checklist
- Amendments - Biometrics Regime
We ran a workshop designed to designed to help organizations and trade associations understand the scope, meaning, and impact of Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada's (ISED) proposed Code of Practice for Generative AI Systems. AccessPrivacy submitted a recording of the workshop, along with an explanatory cover letter, as part of ISED's consultation process.
We have updated our Summary of Private Sector Privacy Legislation topic hub, our Safeguarding topic hub (including the associated statutory reference chart), and our Outsourcing topic hub (including the associated statutory reference chart) to reflect Law 25 amendments in force in Quebec as of September 22, 2023;
We have updated our Annotated Quebec Privacy Act, as amended by Law 25, to include references to the CAI's General Framework for the Application of Monetary Administrative Penalties;
We have published an updated version of our Law 25/GDPR Comparison Chart PDF;
We have created a new table setting out the obligations under the Quebec Privacy Act, as amended by Law 25, applying to either "persons carrying on an enterprise" or "persons". This table is meant to serve as a useful reference when determining which entities bear which obligations under the Quebec Privacy Act;
We have created a practical "Notice and Transparency Checklist" to assist organizations in meeting certain key obligations under Law 25's amendments to the Quebec Privacy Act;
We have updated our Annnotated Quebec Privacy Act, as amended by Law 25, to include references to the CAI Draft Guidelines on Criteria for Valid Consent. On June 14, the AccessPrivacy team held an online workshop designed to help organizations and trade associations understand the scope, meaning, and impact of the proposed guidelines, and to help prepare submissions for the CAI's consultation.
We continue to update our clause-by-clause annotated version of the CPPA: most recently, we have added substantive comments on the "legitimate interests" exception to consent authority proposed by the CPPA and the proposed definition of "anonymize";
A new chart setting out specific rules for selected regulated industries is available via the Tools & Charts page and the breach notification topic hub;
On-Demand videos of our AccessPrivacy monthly webinars are available, through to December 2022, via the "Past Events" tab;
Updates to the Legislative Reform Portal and Tools & Charts to reflect the proposed Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2022 (Bill C-27):
- A hyperlinked version of the proposed Consumer Privacy Protection Act (CPPA);
- A clause-by-clause annotated version of the CPPA, including commentary and comparison to corresponding PIPEDA sections;
- A comparison of Bill C-27 to the former Bill C-11 (which died on the order paper in 2021);
- A CPPA-PIPEDA table of concordance;
- The slide deck from Adam Kardash's June 2022 monthly call recording: an overview and key initial reflections on the CPPA;
- CPD-eligible recordings of the monthly calls from June 2022 and July 2022 (featuring Dr. Teresa Scassa) are available publically on-demand via their event pages.
The Winter 2022 Privacy in the Courts publication, with 22 informative case summaries.
Updates regarding the provisions of Quebec's Bill 64 (loi 25) coming into force on September 22, 2022 and related regulatory guidance:
- A new Key Obligations Chart
- Updates to the breach notification topic hub, including links to Quebec's draft regulation regarding confidentiality incidents;
- Updates to the biometrics topic hub to reflect changes to the Quebec IT Act;
- Updates to the role of Chief Privacy Officer topic hub;
- Updates to the Consent Exceptions: Business Transactions and Consent Exceptions: Statistical, Scholarly Study, or Research topic hubs;
- Updates to the annotated Quebec Privacy Act, as amended by Bill 64 and the Demonstrable Accountability Checklist
- Annotated Act respecting the protection of personal information in the private sector (Québec) as amended by Bill 64 and the Coming into Force dates of the new provisions (Updates to Legislative Reform Portal)
- Quebec Private Sector Privacy Law: Demonstrable Accountability Checklist (Accountability and Governance)
- Comparison of Key Elements of Quebec’s Privacy Law Reform, Bill 64, and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU)
- This document was reviewed through a screen-share during our AccessPrivacy Workshop held on October 15, 2021.
Updates to the Transborder Service Provider Arrangements chart to reflect recent amendments to BC and Quebec provisions.
- Updates to Legislative Reform Portal and Tools & Charts to reflect the enactment of Bill 22 (B.C. public sector)