Osler’s AccessPrivacy team, in conjunction with our Labor and Employment, Commercial, Technology and Litigation colleagues, advise on a broad range of privacy and data-related legal matters, including:
- Complying with all Canadian federal and provincial privacy and access to information laws, as well as Canada anti-spam legislation (CASL);
- Developing privacy policies and guidelines, including consumer-facing notices and employee workplace policies;
- Negotiating data and privacy-related provisions for commercial agreements, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate finance transactions;
- Facilitating cross-border data transfers and advising on the interplay between Canadian and foreign data protection laws;
- Managing significant data breach incidents and advising on compliance with regulatory reporting and notification requirements;
- Representing clients in the context of regulatory investigations by data protection authorities, submitting representations and negotiating resolutions;
- Representing clients in privacy litigation, including judicial reviews of regulatory findings, privacy tort claims and class action lawsuits.
Our services are provided on a flat-fee or hourly basis. To view our full range of Osler Legal Services, visit our team's Privacy and Data Management page on Osler.com.
Osler is a leading business law firm practising internationally from offices across Canada and in New York. Our clients include industry and business leaders in all segments of the market and at various stages in the growth of their businesses.Take me to osler.com