Latest news by and about the AccessPrivacy team.
- AccessPrivacy team members Catherine Hart, Maryna Polataiko, Gemma Devir and Madeleine Gottesman have recently earned the Certified Information Privacy Professional/Canada designation (January 2023)
- 2022 Legal Year in Review: "The freight train of privacy legislative reform keeps rolling", by AccessPrivacy team members Adam Kardash, Colleen Morawetz and Maryna Polataiko (December 2022)
- AccessPrivacy team members Adam Kardash, Katelyn Smith and Catherine Hart contributed to the CANON Bill C-27 Working Group Document “Proposed amendments to de-identification and anonymization provisions in the Digital Charter Implementation Act, 2022 (Bill C-27)", submitted to the Minister of Innovation, Science and Industry (December 2022)
- Chambers and Partners ranked Osler's Privacy and Data Management Team as Band 1 for the seventh consecutive year. AccessPrivacy team members Adam Kardash, John Salloum, Joanna Fine, and Tina Saban were individually ranked (September 2022)
- Kuljit Bhogal co-authored an Osler resource on the proposed Artificial Intelligence and Data Act (June 2022)
Latest speaking engagements by AccessPrivacy team members.
- Joanna Fine gave a presentation on "What Advertisers and Their Counsel Need to Know About Privacy Laws: Understanding How New Privacy Legislation in the USA and Canada are Impacting Canadian Advertising" at the Canadian Institute's Advertising and Marketing Law Conference (January 2023)
- Joanna Fine presented the "Regulatory Landscape" module for the Osgoode Certificate in Privacy Law and Information in Healthcare (January 2023, January 2022)
- Maryna Polataiko and Gemma Devir co-moderated the "Women's Healthtech: Legal Implications of a Changing World" panel at the 2022 CAN-TECH Law Fall Conference (November 2022)
- Joanna Fine co-presented the Canadian Update at the Canadian Bar Association (CBA) Access to Information and Privacy Law Online Symposium (October 2022)
- Adam Kardash joined Osler litigation partner Julien Morissette to lead a webinar on preparing for privacy reform in Québec (June 2022)
- Joanna Fine gave a presentation on "Managing Cybersecurity Risks" at the 2022 CAN-TECH Law Spring Conference (June 2022)
- Kuljit Bhogal co-presented at the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) Canadian Privacy Symposium on the topic of regulating artificial intelligence (May 2022)